From: owner-stds-802-3-blade@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-3-blade@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Stephen D. Anderson
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 11:23 AM
To: STDS-802-3-BLADE@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [BP] Wed August 4th Agenda: 802.3ap Channel Model Adhoc Conference Call

    Joel, all:

    Regarding changes to SDD21 magnitude curve:

    I propose these coefficients:
    b1 = 2e-5
    b2 = 1e-10
    b3 = 3.2e-20
    b4 = 1.38e-30

    These allow skin effect to be modeled correctly and are a better lower limit to a lot of channels that have been presented.

    Regards,

    Steve A.

Joel Goergen wrote:

Wed August 4th Agenda:
- VNA averaging, with the higher resolution, do we really need to wait the 15minutes for 16averages?
- SMA De-Embedding for test cards
    **If you have an idea on this, please send it out to the group/refelctor today.  I'm open on this and would like some thoughts.
    **I plan to send the new run of test cards out right after we finalize the de-embedding.
- Changes to SDD21 from 50Mhz to 4.5Ghz.  I want to discuss this and plan to send out the equations tonight with a 4dB drop in this range.
- Group Delay Variation
    **I want to walk through the process for this.  Petre or Jeff ... if you have a slide you could put together to show how we create this, I would appreciate it.

Thurs August 12th Agenda:
- Changes to crosstalk mask

The remaining two meetings will be to discuss the final mask sets to present to the body for approval sept/oct.

Take care
-joel

Joel Goergen wrote:

802.3ap Channel Model Adhoc Conference Call times:
August 4, Wed, 10am PDT
August 12, Thurs, 10am PDT
August 19, Thurs, 10am PDT / we should consider moving this to Sept 20th
Sept 9, Thurs, 10am PDT

Hi Everyone,
Please set these times in your schedules.  Agenda will be sent out Monday

-joel

Everyone that wants to is invited to participate.  Anything decided will not be decided, but 'recommended'.  Please keep that in mind.

Conference ID: 4379020

Dial-in number: 8773262337

International dial-in number: 303-928-3232
Take care
Joel Goergen