From: Mike-Lerer [mailto:mike@mike-lerer.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 5:10 AM
To: Altmann, Michael W; STDS-802-3-BLADE@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: RE: [BP] Signaling spread sheet

In reviewing the spreadsheet, I believe that you are once again making
unreasonable assumptions about the interests of the majority of the task
group.

If I interpret the spreadsheet correctly, you are characterizing each
signaling scheme by its worst performance over any channel.

I believe that it is unreasonable to characterize a signaling scheme in
this
way unless or until the group makes a formal decision that each of the
channels falls within its required objectives.

As you will recall, at the last face to face meeting several motions
were
attempted to select channels for use in signaling evaluation, all of the
motions failed.

Until the group is able to make a definitive statement about which
channels
are required to be supported, desired to be supported, and merely of
interest as anomalous experiments, it is unreasonable to combine all the
results into one metric, as you have done.

Mike Lerer
Box 636
Londonderry, NH 03053
Home: 603-434-4205