[BP] IT and crosstalk

guys,

     What i do want to do is measure the relationship between crosstalk
and interfeerence tolerance.  To do this i will use the setup shown in
the included "setup.pdf".

      The Tx, ThruChannel, Directional coupler, Rx, attenuator-sinewave
generator constitute a normal interference tolerance measurement setup.
Adding the aggressor channel (a real world xcrosstalker), the PRBX
source and attenuator allow me to add calibrated amounts of real
crosstalk.  I am hoping that by measuring the rate at which interference
tolerance is reduced by added crosstalk i can come up with the correct
value for the offset between crosstalk spec and interference tolerance
test.

      John D'Ambrosia is providing me with the backplane with thru and
crosstalk channels.  I will measure the tradeoff between crosstalk and
interference tolerance using an Agilent SPG tranceiver but:

     1.  I will have to scale the frequency to 6.25Gb/s since this is
         as far the Agilent SPG Rx will go.  I may have to add extra
         attenuation to make the test reasonable.
     2.  The Rx uses our brand of secret sauce.  Other reciever may
         work a bit differently.

      So if you have a receiver which you think meets or nearly meets
the 10G-BASE-KR spec would you be interested in bringing a tranceiver
to Fort Collins to help with the test, and perhaps learn a bit about
how we do the test.

                                       charles

|       Charles Moore
|       Agilent Technologies