Re: [BP] Interference tolerance test channels

Title:
Gourgen,
I disagree if you are talking about the channels discussed below.  13SI should not have to be used in any case below.  And in particular not wet!  Unless you are targeting low impedance diff pairs.

Not sure what board shops you are referring to as the only issues I see with manufacturing the channels below is using fr4 that is too dry to meet the channel performance requirements at the high ends.

-joel

Oganessyan, Gourgen wrote:
Message
John,

I am concerned about both nominal manufacturability and tolerance variation. The new limit line will make 1 m achievable only in theory: with relatively "wet" 13SI type laminate, large trace width, and unsatisfactory (from the industry's point of view) signal density. Any manfacturing deviation or degradation due to environmental effects, connector wear, mishandling, etc will push things over the limit very quickly, as you have previously demonstrated.

I guess I am still unclear on what we need to go through all this.

Gourgen