Re: [BP] pre-agenda for Wednesday's meeting

Another option to consider in tightening TX jitter specifications could
be reducing the frequency of the 3dB pole from 6MHz to 1-2MHz. This
could allow a smaller bandwidth CDR with less self-jitter, and help
improve margins.

I am not sure if the additional transmit jitter being tracked with a
6MHz bandwidth CDR is greater than the increased self-jitter from the
wider bandwidth CDR itself.

6MHz for 10G is almost proportionately scaled from 1.875MHz for CX4 at
3.125G. CX4 has 8B/10B (guaranteed min. transition density) and an open
eye at the receiver. Both helped CDR run at a higher bandwidth with
small self-jitter. At 10G, with a receive eye that has smaller margin,
xtalk and with 64B/66B that can have potentially long runs without phase
information, a similar bandwidth CDR should be noisier.

Sorry to bring this up late. I think it should be something we should at
least consider.

Magesh