Re: [BP] Presentation

john,

      I guess that it amounts to a question of clarification.  The
"Frankenstein" channels are an attempt to probe the boundaries of
the channel spec.  If they indicate that there could be channels
which pass spec but will not work with any reasonable transceiver
pair it may be a good idea to change the spec.  If we are going to
change the spec i do not want it to come in through the back door,
i want it fully discussed first.  Whether we are discussing changing
the spec is what i want clarified.

     If we are discussing changing the spec, i will say that i
am not too happy with extending the frequency range for the spec
to 10.3125GHz, where there is no energy coming out of the Tx and
where most channels near the edge of spec will have negligible gain.
When i look at the roll off of the sinc(pi*T*f) function, speed
limitations of the Tx, and the Rx, i think that any spec which
relies on characteristics above 0.7*Fs (eg 7.2GHz) is likely to
give unreliable results.

         charles