From: Joe M Abler [mailto:abler@US.IBM.COM]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 5:52 PM
To: STDS-802-3-BLADE@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [BP] ATTN: Magesh - Broadcom simulation results

Hi Magesh,
I'm trying to compare some of your simulation results with mine but can't get too far because I don't have sufficient information on your simulation conditions.  You put some very basic information in your presentations such as launch voltage and rise time, but I'd appreciate it if you could provide additional information on your assumptions for jitter (Tx & Rx breakdown including DCD), termination values, clock offset, data pattern type, random noise level, any accounting for CDR algorithm, etc.  I'm currently looking at your last presentation villiappan_c2_0506 and would appreciate if you could send me the conditions for those results.  More generally though, I'd like to recommend that you update your other presentations with such information and perhaps ask Adam to repost them.  Anyone trying to reference these in the future really wouldn't get full benefit from them without knowing the conditions behind them.

Thanks,        Joe

Joe Abler                                                             abler@us.ibm.com
IBM Systems & Technology Group            919-254-0573
High Speed Serial Link Solutions               919-254-9616 (fax)
3039 Cornwallis Road
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709

kr_xtlk_ber.pdf

eit_sim_results.pdf