IEEE 802.3 Backplane Ethernet
Study Group Procedures for Presenters
Requesting Presentation Time
- The presenter shall request time by Wednesday of the week preceding the meeting.
- Requests shall be submitted to the
chair via direct email
- The presenter shall provide the following information:
- Name of presenter
- Title of presentation
- Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers)
- Brief description of topic
- If the "requesting presentation time" deadline is missed, time will be provided on a best-effort basis following the completion of the regular agenda (or as deemed appropriate by the chair).
Presentation Style Guidelines
- Failure to meet guidelines may result in a loss of requested presentation time.
- Presentations must be submitted in PDF format. Neither the chair nor the Web Master will convert presentations to PDF format. Presentations not in PDF format will be returned.
- Avoid graphic intensive backgrounds or other decorative graphics.
- No animations, audio clips, video clips, etc.
- Presentation should be less then 1.4 MB.
- No marketing pitches, product pitches or corporate pitches.
- No pricing, costs, ASPs, etc. are permitted. Relative costs, ASPs, etc. are permitted (i.e. option 1 is 3x the cost of option 2).
- No company copyright or confidentiality statements. All presentations are posted to a publicly available web site. If the presentation is not ready for public disclosure, then it should not presented.
- To support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:
- Title :- Title of presentation
- Subject :- IEEE 802.3 Backplane Ethernet Study Group
- Author :- Name(s) of author(s)
Uploading Presentations to the Web
- The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to the Web Master by Wednesday of the week preceding the meeting for publication to the Backplane Ethernet Study Group website.
- If the "presentation submission" deadline is missed, the presenter will be allowed to present only if hard copies or electronic copies (CD-ROM, PCMCIA flash card, USB drive, floppy disk) of the presentation are made available to the study group members at the beginning of the meeting during 'document distribution'. A PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation shall be made available to the Web Master prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Document Information Fields
The 'Document Information' fields in a PDF file can be entered as follows:
- Adobe Acrobat: Either use the menu options: 'File' -> 'Document Info'
-> 'General' or the shortcut CTRL-D.
- Adobe PDFWriter: When the 'Save PDF File As' dialog appears hit the
'Edit Document Info.' button, enter the information, and then hit the 'OK' button.
Return to IEEE 802.3 Backplane Ethernet Study Group Home Page
Last Update: 12 Dec 03