From: Francois Menard <fmenard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 9:53 AM
To: STDS-802-3-NGEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [802.3_NGEPON] 802.3ca (100G-EPON) bi-weekly consensus - call for agenda items

Marek,

While much has been published on the topic of InP monolithic integration and Datacom-grade Hybrid Integration on Silicon much less has been on Telecom grade hybrid integration on Silicon. There InP yield will remain that of single channel per InP die (high) and the issue of  costs will be solved by way of packaging cost efficiently.

NG-PON2 requires tunable receivers and I am convinced we will see a lower cost solution there fist.

An NG-EPON ONU with a single channel will need to block 3 out of 4 channels. The question will be 'which ones' and 'why must this be static' ?

And my point remains for the case of more than 4 channels.

F.

Sent from my mobile device. Apologies for any typo.