Re: [802.3_NGEPON] ONU ASIC and wavelength plans

Marek,

Thanks!  I agree with you: Unless were forced (as we were in 10GEPON), we should try to keep away from TDMA.

Frank E.

From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:36 AM
To: frank effenberger; STDS-802-3-NGEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [802.3_NGEPON] ONU ASIC and wavelength plans

Frank,

I would really prefer if we could have WDM coexistence between these systems, if that was possible. If it is not possible (not enough space in O-band), it would be ideal to have TDMA coexistence with 25G only and avoid 50G and 100G devices having to support this mode.

Does it make sense? I think with the proper wavelength selection, we could avoid it altogether, and allow for WDM coexistence, as long as we do not have to worry with 1G-EPON.

Marek