Re: [802.3_NGEPON] Presentations for the call tomorow

Dear Glen:

  I didn’t attend the last telephone meeting due to I was in another meeting (the time is also difficult for me usually),  I have a question on your contributions when I review them.

In the two contributions, there are several places mention the upgrade by “replacing the optical module” (such as from 25G OLT to 100G OLT)

Have you made an assumption that the 25Gb/s optical modules are with the same size and PINs layout with that of 50Gb/s and 100G optical modules ?

Only with this precondition, a 25G module is able to be replaced by a 100G module.  But at the most probable case,  100G module should have more PINs than 25G,  the size of 100G will also be larger than 25G.

If without this assumption, then upgrade by “ replacing optical module” will be not feasible.

I wonder if my understanding is correct.

Best regards

Dekun Liu

Advanced Access Technologies Dept. 网络研究接入技术部

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 华为技术有限公司Company_logo
  Phone: +86 027-59267217  Email: liudekun@xxxxxxxxxx

湖北武汉市关山一路光谷软件园A7-9 邮编:430074
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

A7-9 Wuhan Optical Valley Software Park,Guan Shan Road,Wuhan,Hubei, P.R.China