From: Liudekun [mailto:liudekun@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:48 PM
To: Harstead, Ed (Nokia - US) <ed.harstead@xxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-3-NGEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: 802.3ca (100G-EPON) consensus building agenda for 12/22/16

Dear Ed:

Merry charismas and Happy new year!    Have a good holiday for all of you US friends. ( It’s only for you, I need continue to work on your Christmas dayL)

Thanks for your good analysis on the 25G receiver sensitivity , it’s a good reference when we  make a decision on this.

Due to I didn’t attend the telephone meeting yesterday (the time was too bad for my time zone), here are some of my comments:

If I didn’t understand wrong,  you get the -24.21dBm sensitivity from that of 10G PON as a base line(-28.5dBm), and subtract 1dB for APD improvement , then add 5dB for the gap between 25G EDB detection( based on 10G APD) and 10G NRZ detection (based on 10G APD).  While, we haven’t make a decision that we will based on 25G EDB detection(re-using 10G APD) for 25Gb/s receiver.  And 5dB gap between 25G EDB detection and 10G NRZ detection is also only a one-time experimental data rather than a theory principle .  This gap still may be improved such as by some equalization algorithm.

From me, it would be better for us to list the capability of transmitter (the power levels of 25G EML/DML ), capability of the 25G APD(including both InP and GeSi), OPP on different wavelength band , the “real” power budgets on the link(including the insertion loss of the mux/demux, CEX with 10G PON, BOSA filters…) on the table first,  and then make a decision on the sensitivity and the power levels.

Anyway, we can continue to discuss in Huntington next month.

Best regards

Dekun Liu

Advanced Access Technologies Dept. 网络研究接入技术部

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 华为技术有限公司Company_logo
  Phone: +86 027-59267217  Email: liudekun@xxxxxxxxxx

湖北武汉市关山一路光谷软件园A7-9 邮编:430074
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

A7-9 Wuhan Optical Valley Software Park,Guan Shan Road,Wuhan,Hubei, P.R.China