[802.3_NGEPON] request to support Corning proposal

Dear Colleagues,

just wanted to share that Multi-gig Automotive Ethernet PHY Study Group recently established within IEEE802.3 considers asymmetric rates, and specifically mentions GEPON protocols for Automotive applications. See slides 6-8 in http://www.ieee802.org/3/NGAUTO/public/adhoc/zimmerman_3NGAUTOah_01a_021517.pdf. No decision is made yet. In my opinion, it would make sense because many applications transmission is in one direction. Like in rear view camera. Only point-to-point objectives exist at this time. But point-to-multipoint architectures were at least mentioned.

And second, I would like to request you to support Corning proposal to include optical objective to Multi-gig Automotive Ethernet. Proposal is attached. I will add supporters’ names to slide 2 of the pdf. The proposal will be presented on Tuesday, February 21. Thank you in advance

Alex

Alexander Umnov, PhD

Sr. Systems Engineer

5940 Optical Way