[802.3_NGEPON] Web archiving rules

Dear Colleagues,

I got a number of questions related to how contributions are uploaded to the web for archiving. Below are the rules that I followed up to now. I though I would share it so that everyone understands the process and to see if there are any better suggestions.  The text in red indicates the actions that submitters should follow.

1). An official deadline for contributions are usually 10 days in advance of the meeting. The TF chair has a prerogative to move it up or down, but in all cases, the deadline is announced on the reflector and on the .3ca website.

a. All contributions received before the deadline are posted under Section 2 "Technical Contributions" on the archive page for the meeting. If multiple versions of a contribution are received, the latest version is posted. Do not add a letter (a, b, c..) to the contribution number if you submit it before the deadline.

2) For contributions submitted after the submission deadline, but before the meeting started:

a. If this is a new contribution, it will be posted under Section 3 "Post-deadline Presentations". Give it a new contribution number and do not add any letters.
b. If this contribution is an update to a previous contribution, and it contains editorial changes only, it will replace the original contribution in whatever section the original contribution was posted (i.e., the original contribution will be removed). Make sure to add letter "a" to a number, or increment the letter if the posted contribution already has a letter.
c. If this contribution is an update to a previous contribution, and it contains at least one technical change, it will be placed in Section 3 "Post-deadline Presentations". Make sure to add letter "a" to a number, or increment the letter if the posted contribution already has a letter.

3) For contributions submitted after the meeting has started:

a. If this is a new contribution, it will be posted under Section 4 "Submissions from the floor". Give it a new contribution number, but do not add any letters.
b. If this contribution is an update to a previous contribution, and it contains editorial changes only, it will replace the original contribution in whatever section the original contribution was posted (i.e., the original contribution will be removed). Make sure to add letter "a" to a number, or increment the letter if the posted contribution already has a letter.
c. If this contribution is an update to a previous contribution, and it contains at least one technical change, it will be placed in Section 4 "Submissions from the floor"Make sure to add letter "a" to a number, or increment the letter if the posted contribution already has a letter.

4) Web page for each meeting represents an archive of what was presented and the posted file names are recorded in the minutes. For that reason, no changes to contributions are allowed after the presentation was given, unless explicitly agreed by the task force and the agreement is reflected in the minutes.

I cannot diff all old and updated contributions to determine the nature of the changes. Instead we will rely to submitter's declaration.
To do this, I have added these additional fields to the Online Submission form:

Inline image 1

I would like to ask for TF's input for the following question:
For items 2.c or 3.c above (i.e., for technical updates), should we also keep the original presentation on the web, or should I remove it?

Here are few more guidelines which, if followed, will speed-up the upload of the files:
1) Sometimes the presenter is not the author of the presentation. The file name should contain the last name of the presenter as indicated in the submission form.
2) All letters in file names should be lower case
3) There should not be leading zeros in front of the presentation number (i.e., lastname_3ca_2_0317.pdf, and not lastname_3ca_02_0317.pdf)

Thank you,
Glen