Re: [802.3_NGEPON] Proposed motions on the wavelength issue

I’d rather do it as a package.

Frank E.

From: Harstead, Ed (Nokia - US) [mailto:ed.harstead@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 5:19 AM
To: frank effenberger; STDS-802-3-NGEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Proposed motions on the wavelength issue

Frank,

We are thinking along the same lines.  However I propose that we take the motions one step at a time.  Dekun and I drafted this motion, which only addresses two upstream options:

802.3ca shall adopt a wavelength plan with two 20 nm wide wavelength options for the first 25G upstream channel:

1.       “Plan A” option: center wavelength between 1300 and 1320 nm, exact value to be determined

2.       “Plan B” option: 1270 nm

Only the “Plan A” option will be required to co-exist with 10G EPON.

Your motion bundles in two downstream options, and I don’t think we have the same degree of consensus on that.  What do you think of starting with the above upstream option motion, and then follow that with a downstream option motion, extracted from your text below?

Ed