Re: [802.3_NGEPON] Upstream Wavelength Plan

Hi All:

Here is the one I suggested on 25G upstream  (all the 10G upstream is exactly same with 25G upstream in each case)

Even we define a 20nm window for 25G US0-A, but in commercial temperature class(which most probably can use uncooled DML, and also the major volume),  the wavelength will be no longer than 1306.5nm,  the DP in such case is smaller than 0.6dB even in worst case (λ0=1300).    And we can have a notes like ItU standard do : “  If a transmitter exhibits a higher penalty that specified, it can still comply if it equally increases the minimum launch power to compensate for extra optical path penalty  , while remaining under the maximum launch power”

To leave the freedom to the module vendors,  if some module vendors can really do uncooled 25G DML operated on industry temperature class, they can increase their Tx lower to compensate the extra penalty .

By this way, we can have two quite symmetric 25G upstream wavelength window (two 20nm for both symmetric and asymmetric)  but with only round half dB DP difference, we should be able to absorb such difference if we consider some margin on the spec.

Then two options can have the same spec in the PMD parameters table.

Best regards

Dekun Liu

Advanced Access Technologies Dept. 网络研究接入技术部

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 华为技术有限公司Company_logo
  Phone: +86 027-59267217  Email: liudekun@xxxxxxxxxx

湖北武汉市关山一路光谷软件园A7-9 邮编:430074
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

A7-9 Wuhan Optical Valley Software Park,Guan Shan Road,Wuhan,Hubei, P.R.China