Re: [802.3_NGEPON] Upstream Wavelength Plan

Would this arrangement then be more acceptable? While I do understand that some operators might be more interested in asymmetric systems, at the same time, 10G system side is more forgiving in terms of transmission penalties, so both 25G channels should be as close to each other as possible to make them present as similar penalties as possible to simplify the design of 2x25G optics.

From: Liudekun [mailto:liudekun@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2018 3:16 AM
To: Marek Hajduczenia <mxhajduczenia@xxxxxxxxx>; STDS-802-3-NGEPON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Harstead, Ed (Nokia - US) <ed.harstead@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [802.3_NGEPON] Upstream Wavelength Plan

All

Just a comment on “We have enough spectrum to optionally allow WDM coexistence between 25G and 10G systems

I don’t think we have ample spectrum which we allow we allocate the wavelength plan casually.

All the wavelength we discussed here are low dispersion O-band, they are very precious spectrum for high speed PONs, including the even higher speed PON systems.

The low dispersion band is very limited, we should use them in an efficient way.

The asymmetric ONUs are always the major volume, so a symmetric OLT are often required to support the asymmetric ONUs ( maybe some operators don’t care 25/10, but there are definitely some other operators quite interesting on 25/10),  it will be a big waste to allocate a different wavelength band for asymmetric systems.

To Ed:

I am interesting on the upstream wavelength plan, so please add me in to the discussion email list. Thanks.

Best regards

Dekun Liu

Advanced Access Technologies Dept. 网络研究接入技术部

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. 华为技术有限公司Company_logo
  Phone: +86 027-59267217  Email: liudekun@xxxxxxxxxx

湖北武汉市关山一路光谷软件园A7-9 邮编:430074
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

A7-9 Wuhan Optical Valley Software Park,Guan Shan Road,Wuhan,Hubei, P.R.China