[802.3_NGEPON] D1.4 comment #316, homework assignment

Dear colleagues,

As part of my action item related to comment #316, I was looking at ways of modifying the figure shown below (Figure 144-4 in D1.4) that would address the comment in question and meet the following requirements:

  • Add a block similar to MPCP (white background) showing CCP and associated functional blocks within the MPMC gray block
  • MCII primitive from control parser enters CCP block for proper Opcodes
  • Signals from CCP block enter control multiplexer via MCIR primitive
  • Signals from MAC Control Client also need to be sunk from and originated towards the CCP block

You may notice that we have a lot of requirements, no matter how I try to place the new CCP block within the MPMC block, it results in crisscrossing signal lines, and very messy organization or the resulting diagram. Given that there is no functional overlap between CCP and MPCP, I am strongly leaning towards one of the proposed approaches, where CCP functional blocks and respective primitives would be shown on diagrams separate from MPCP diagrams (Figure 144-4 and Figure 144-3), following very similar “look&feel” to MPCP diagrams.

I would welcome comments, especially if there is anybody who believes there is a simple and transparent way to represent CCP and MPCP blocks on a single diagram without running into complex 3D drawings.

Regards

Marek