[802.3_NGEPON] Decision timing offset for TDP action items

All,

Regarding the decision timing offset for TDP TBD's in Tables 141-13,14,17 and 18 in D1.4, it's my opinion that they can be deleted.  Clause 75 (10G-EPON) has this parameter in the TX tables, but more recent PMDs (100GBASE-LR4/ER4, 25GBASE-LR/ER) do not.  They rely on the default value of +/- 0.05 UI that's included in the text of 52.9.10.4 which all of these clauses ultimately point to for TDP measurement.  I don't think that the difference in between OLT TX (+/-0.05 UI) and ONU TX (+/-0.0625 UI) in 10G-EPON is significant enough to justify calling them out explicitly.  In industry practice, I'm not aware of anyone who actually uses this timing offset for measurement of TDP in any case.

Regards,
John