[802.3_CU4HDD] [IEEE 802.3 CU4HDD] - Anticipated Coming Events, 27-Oct-2016
CU4HDD Task Force:
Rather than put this information in today's minutes, I have decided to post it hear as an update to our current activities.
This is meant as an informal announcement of upcoming expectations. The concrete hasn't dried, so some bricks may fall out if our work is not accomplished as shown - this can always go in a slightly different direction. Feel free to respond here if you see any issues. - Thanks.
Calendar of Anticipated
Events - An Action Item List:
- Complete ALL comment resolution before November Plenary week. Still some discussion and approval to take place with the commenters. We have 2 weeks!
- Complete ALL comment changes in the draft before Plenary. Any outstanding editing work will carry over after Plenary week, but we prefer to be done, to prevent delays going into recirculation. Our Editor is doing a great job! Thank you Jim!
- Task Force Meeting during Plenary Week:
At the November Closing Plenary, two action items:
- Approve all EZ-Bucket items.
- Approve all current "Accept/Accept In Principle" comments.
- Presentations to be given on several comment solutions before approving them, by Yong Kim and Larry McMillan - we anticipate closure with the commenters by then.
- Move all Proposed items to "accept" state and approve them.
- If this is all accomplished: approve Draft 2.0, with all changes, to be advanced to Draft 2.1 for Working Group Ballot recirculation within several weeks.
The week of January Interim:
- Ask for advancement of Draft 2.1 to WGB recirculation
- Announce a "Contingent" Task Force Interim session in late January or early February, to cover any approvals needed after the January Interim, to move Draft 2.2 forward as a "Conditional" Sponsor Ballot. This can only happen if there are "no new negatives" against Draft 2.1 that went through recirculation.
If we need an additional, "Contingent" Interim for 802.3cb, we will discuss sponsorship and location at the January Interim in Huntington Beach, CA.
- Hold a TF meeting on Friday, 13-Jan, to approve Draft 2.2 for a conditional Sponsor Ballot review. (Done to reduce travel expenses and move things forward. Please plan on being there for that Task Force Meeting. Please make plans now for that meeting. We will only need the Friday morning to accomplish an approval.
Of course, all of this hinges on the fact that the Draft 2.1 review, throughout November and December of 2016 resulted in "no new negatives". If negatives come in, we must recirc again and use the Contingent TF interim requested at Nov 2016 Plenary as our next chance to move the draft toward Sponsor Ballot.
Once we reach Sponsor Ballot, this schedule resets itself. It's may still meet our published Timeline.
Thanks all for your hard work. This has been an amazing effort !