[802.3_CU4HDD] [IEEE 802.3 CU4HDD] - Ad Hoc Call Cancelled for Thursday, 17-Nov-2016

CU4HDD Task Force:

I am cancelling the Ad Hoc call this week. The editing is taking place on the intermediate draft, to get it ready for a Draft 2.1 release for recirculation.
That should take place within the next few weeks, if not sooner - it all depends on the editing details.

We will try to have an Ad Hoc call next week, to review the editing that is accomplished. Stay tuned. I will send out another notice before that call.

For those who were not at the San Antonio Plenary, last week, here's an amazing update:
  • we finished all comment resolution and voted approval,
  • all 'Disapproves', except one, have been flipped to 'Approve with Comment' - a 99.1% approval rate - good enough to proceed with recirculation,
  • we received all final content needed to do the editing on the current draft, to get it ready for Draft 2.1.

The goal now is to hope for a recirc leading up to the January Interim, the week of the 9th, where hopefully, we will receive "no new negatives", allowing us to resolve and approve any new comments, and possibly proceed with a recirc, leading to Sponsor Ballot. The goal is to be ready at the March 2017 Plenary to proceed with an unconditional Sponsor Ballot.

We have accomplished a LOT!  Thanks you all for your valiant efforts, seeing this through in a timely fashion. We still have many miles to go, but this is proceeding better than hoped for.

Thanks again.

Dan Smith
Affiliation: Seagate Technology
Chairman, IEEE P802.3cb Task Force