Re: [802.3_YANG] Comments files and meeting files posted

Yan/Marek,

As I will not be attending the Charlotte meeting in person I am providing my feedback on proposed comment responses here. I am quite pleased with the proposed responses to all comments not mentioned below, thanks for the good work.

Cmt #90               Indenting - I believe I'm making the same request that is being made in comment #137. Please change to AIP with a cross reference to #137 with a notation in 137 that the entire standard should use the same indentation.

Cmt #107             I agree that we cannot future proof everything, but this would be an easy global search and replace now and would not alter the meaning or accuracy of the statements in any way.

Cmt #113             The resolution is not clear to me. Do you mean replace "dot3ExtPkgQueueSetsTable" with "dot3ExtPkgQueueTable"? This is still not within the context of the YANG mib but points to Std 802.3.1.

Cmt #118             Please withdraw the comment.

Cmt #129/122/123           The point here is that the crafts person typically does not read the standard. However, in the case of YANG they will be reading what we put in the description field. We, who write the standards, all know these short names but the crafts person may not. We should error on the side of simplicity and ease of understanding for the target audience (i.e., the crafts person).

Best Regards

Duane