[802.3_10SPE] Updated website and motions for tomorrow

All -

Thank you for sending me your updates, contributions and motions for tomorrow.  We will have a busy morning. We will start at 8:30, as planned, but will start promptly then.

There are several important updates to the website, please look at them before the meeting.

First, are the motions to be considered.  We have several, .and they are in the file “motions”

Some of the motions have presentations  associated with them.  I will ask presenters to be brief, because we have a lot of business and a hard stop time – most of these are review and clarification.

To help you digest what is there, there are:

A presentation from Steffen Graber reviewing and clarifying detail and a state diagram on how clause 98 rate adaptation is being proposed,

A presentation from Steffen Graber reviewing and separating out the parameters he is proposing for Clause 104 powering

A new presentation from Conrad Zerna contains new technical material with concerns about the short-reach PMA electrical parameters. (additionally, Piergiorio Beruto has updated his proposed text based in part on this feedback).

And, there are draft liaison letters for IEC SC65, TIA TR42, and ISO/IEC SC25 WG3.

I did not receive a proposed draft liaison or response to PI PROFINET.

I thank you all for working to build consensus where we can, and to identify the specific items we need to work.  Draft 1.0 is never perfect.  It is also never technically complete.  However, it gives us a basis to analyze, augment and repair, as we build towards working group ballot.  Building consensus where possible will help us move forward.

George A. Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal Consultant

CME Consulting, Inc.

Experts in PHYsical Layer Communications

1-310-920-3860

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx