From: Ronald Naismith <ron.naismith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2017 3:42:00 AM
To: STDS-802-3-10SPE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_10SPE] 802.3cg -> T1L Segment

Dear 802.3cg community,

I went back through the groups documents to look at the T1L segment definition and I found:

1,000 Meters with up to 10 connectors in several places

I understand that the T1L spec is point to point, but is there any discussion (and maybe it is in the context of APL for the Industrial crowd) about

A trunk and spur concept to connect multiple devices in the T1L case using some kind of “field switch” or an active tap?

I am getting questions in this area internally from T1L interested parties.

Warm Regards,

Ron Naismith

Schneider electric