[802.3_10SPE] [T1S-PSD] EMC and EMI requirements

Hello 802.3cg group,

following my yesterday’s presentation about PSD mask for the T1S http://www.ieee802.org/3/cg/public/adhoc/8023cg_short_reach_PSD_mask_upd.pdf, my current proposal would be to change the mode conversion loss in the 0.3-20 MHz range from 30db to 43db, which is basically the limit adopted for the 100base-T1 PHY (see 802.3bw clause 96.7.1.4).

That said, I think it would be great to hear opinions from experts in automotive and industrial cabling systems who are partecipating in this TF.

As a starting point I personally think it’s worth investigating whether it’s reasonable to assume 30db of MC at low frequencies for the low cost cables.

Thank you for your attention,

--

Piergiorgio Beruto

Senior System Designer