[802.3_10SPE] website update - ad hoc and first look at Geneva meeting presentations

I have updated the website with most of the presentations  for tomorrow’s ad hoc.  Thank you to authors for getting things in ahead of time.  We are all busy this week.

I personally may not be at the ad hoc tomorrow, and Tomorrow’s ad hoc meeting will be quite full – so I will make my comments in this email.

  • At the ad hoc, we will have to be respectful and move quickly through presentation  material in order to have time for discussion; while, I am sure Peter Jones will do his usual good job of moving things along, we will also have the same challenge in Geneva.  There are a lot of comments to go through and several presentations unrelated to comments.

I have also uploaded a first-look at our presentations and agenda for Geneva, including some of the presentations I have already received.

PLEASE REVIEW THE LIST OF PRESENTATIONS FOR GENEVA AND LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE MISSED YOURS (or added something in for you that you hadn’t planned!)

In Geneva, we have our plate full – LOTS of participation and lots of good content.  While this is a problem, it is a “high class” problem, and I’d much rather have too much to do than too little.  Thank you all.

  • As announced, our work has turned from concepts to writing a draft – that doesn’t mean the door to concepts is closed, but those concepts must develop into text rapidly.
  • In Geneva, presentations directed towards the resolution of (submitted) comments will be given priority.  We will process them as the appropriate comments come up, after that, as time permits, we will hear presentations unrelated to comments.  – but, we will have to reserve time up front for the study group, and at the end for the output of the study group as well.

  • If you are making a presentation which proposes a text change in a comment, and I missed it -  (meaning it is not in the part of the table labeled “Presentations related to comments”), then please send me an email letting me know who submitted the comment and what clause/subclause/page it is on.
  • If you intended to make a text change, and did not submit a comment, please send me an email and submit a late comment.  Note – please only do this if you have a text change/addion/deletion to make. (even if it is a new section).
  • Please be sure to get your presentations to me by end of day Thursday.  I am traveling from mid-day Friday (eastern US time) all the way until Sunday night in Geneva.

Again, thank you all for the good participation!

George A. Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Chair, IEEE P802.3cg 10Mbps Single Pair Ethernet Task Force

President & Principal Consultant

CME Consulting, Inc.

Experts in PHYsical Layer Communications

1-310-920-3860

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx