[802.3_10SPE] Emission limits and PSD Mask

Good morning Conrad,

I read the presentation related the comments 148, 149, and 155 (http://www.ieee802.org/3/cg/public/Mar2018/zerna_3cg_02a_0318.pdf).

According stripline and capacitive coupler tests, you calculate what should be the maximum amount of common mode signal to fit both test limits. If I consider (for the sake of simplifity) 10MHz, the common mode limit signal is 33dBuV.

Now if PSD@10MHz is -65dB/Hz (10MHz RBW) or -25dBm or  85dBuV, considering -43dB of mode conversion (always @ 10MHz), the resulting common mode signal is 42dBuV and this is higher than the limit you compute.

In the same way, considering 33dBuV as common mode signal limit and 43dB mode conversion (always 10MHz), the resultinmg PSD limit is 76dBuV, or -34dBm, or -74dBm/Hz (10KHz RBW). PSD@10MHz must be smaller to fit the limit you consider.

I am wondering if same consideration can be done for BroadR Reach. According specification, at 10MHz PSD must be between -24dBm and -33.2dBm, i.e., higher than the -34dBm limit previously defined.  Should we miss something ?

Best Regards.

Gian Marco Bo