Re: [802.3_10SPE] URGENT - Change to response to 802.11 PAR Scope comment

I have no issues with the proposed change

From: George Zimmerman <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:53:47 PM
To: STDS-802-3-10SPE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_10SPE] URGENT - Change to response to 802.11 PAR Scope comment

After consulting with David Law, accepting the 802.11 comment on our PAR Scope to change our proposed scope from “Specify additions to and appropriate modifications of IEEE Std. 802.3 to add 10 Mb/s Physical Layer (PHY) specifications…” to “This amendment defines 10 Mb/s Physical Layer (PHY) specifications” would be incorrectly reading the PAR form (which says “the scope of the project”).

Therefore, I am proposing we provide the response:
“5.2.b is the ‘Scope of the Project’ and therefore reference to the project’s activities is appropriate.  The text of 5.2.b is not published in the final standard and therefore is not required to be changed.”

This is a rather urgent matter as the response is due by 6:30PM today.  Therefore, I am asking if there is any dissent, please respond ASAP to both the reflector and directly to me.

George A. Zimmerman, Ph.D.
President & Principal Consultant
CME Consulting, Inc.
Experts in PHYsical Layer Communications
1-310-920-3860
george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>