[802.3_10SPE] Standards board approves 802.3cg PAR modification

With great pleasure, I want to let you know that the IEEE-SA Standards Board has approved our PAR modification request, effectively undoing the twist of fate that bound us to a specific physical construction of the medium.

Our project is now titled, “Standard for Ethernet Amendment: Physical Layer Specifications and Management Parameters for 10 Mb/s Operation and Associated Power Delivery over a Single Balanced Pair of Conductors”.

Since that is a mouthful, and, since I’ve been plagued with a somewhat long name all my life, I will refer to the project simply as “10 Mb/s Single Pair Ethernet”  (call me unbalanced if you like!).

A reminder – if you have any final modications to your presentations for next week, please get them to me asap, but no later than end-of-day tomorrow (Thursday).

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Technical Committee Chair, Ethernet Alliance

Chair, IEEE P802.3cg 10 Mb/s Single Twisted Pair Ethernet Task Force

Principal Member, NFPA – NEC Code Making Panel 3 for Ethernet Alliance

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860