[802.3_10SPE] outcome of the 'comment 573' call today - FW: [802.3_NGECDC] Announcement - NEA Ad hoc Call, Nov 1, 9-11am PT

Title: Announcement - NEA Ad hoc Call, Nov 1, 9-11am PT

All –

Thank you to all who participated in the good discussion on the ‘comment 573’ ad hoc call today, and a special thank you to James Withey for leading it.

As you may recall, the purpose of this call was to look for an in-scope solution to Claude Gauthier’s comment (573) on draft 2.0 which sought to add priority processing to PLCA functionality in 802.3cg.  After some good discussion, the general consensus was that the most likely way forward was for the proponents to explore a new project.

The next step discussed was to try to find some definition of what might be proposed in a CFI for a new project.

Launching new projects is outside the PAR of 802.3cg, so, in order to keep things procedurally clean, and keep 802.3cg discussions within our scope, I took the action item to contact John D’Ambrosia and arrange that the next scheduled call, November 1, be under the auspices of the New Ethernet Applications ad hoc, rather than 802.3cg.

You can see from the below that John has now announced the call, and, those interested should follow the discussion on the NEA reflector (802.3_NGECDC).

Again, thank you all for a good discussion today.

-george

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

Chair, IEEE P802.3cg 10 Mb/s Single Pair Ethernet Task Force

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

310-920-3860