[802.3_10SPE] Working group votes to progress the IEEE P802.3cg to Standards Association ballot

Thank you all for your hard work this week.  I just wanted to let you all know that this afternoon, the IEEE 802.3 working group voted Y: 70, N: 6, A: 41  to confirm the IEEE 802.3cg CSDs and progress the draft to the next step – Standards Association ballot (formerly called Sponsor ballot). Standards Association ballot  is the last balloting stage in the IEEE 802.3 process (and actually the first and only one in the IEEE-SA process).

The result won’t be official until the IEEE 802 Executive Committee does the same (votes to confirm the CSDs and progress the draft).  That will come up at tomorrow afternoon’s meeting, which starts at 1PM pacific time.  For those wishing to come to the meeting, the agenda isn’t out yet.  Email me separately and I’ll let you know tomorrow when the meeting is.

Hopefully we will have a good result tomorrow.

George A. Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal Consultant

CME Consulting, Inc.

Experts in PHYsical Layer Communications

1-310-920-3860

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx