[802.3_10SPE] 802.3cg progress and next steps

Thank you all for a successful week and progressing our draft to the next stage.

The next step is to complete the formation of the Standards Association ballot pool and have an initial Standards Association ballot.

During that ballot the entire draft will be in scope.  I would urge interested parties to join the ballot pool (sign up through your IEEE SA account https://development.standards.ieee.org/my-site go to ‘my project’ or ‘my ballot’), and in the meantime, start preparing your comments.

As always, I ask you to focus on the technical parts.

The motions taken were:

In Task Force:

In Working group:

   M: G. Zimmerman, on behalf of the Task Force

(Technical) Y: 21+16+33 = 70       N: 6  A: 41

In Executive Committee:

                Motion: Approve sending IEEE P802.3cg 10 Mb/s Single Pair Ethernet to Standards Association ballot. Approve CSD documentation in https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/18/ec-18-0079-00ACSD-802-3cg.pdf

M: Law S: D’Ambrosia

Y: 11       N: 1        A: 2

All in all, a very good result, and thank you for your hard work.

See you in Salt Lake City

George A. Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal Consultant

CME Consulting, Inc.

Experts in PHYsical Layer Communications

1-310-920-3860

george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx