[802.3_10SPE] Clause 98 receive_DME_timer

Hi All,

in yesterday’s AdHoc, when I presented the new suggested timing values for low speed Auto-Negotiation, I raised a question related to the original receive_DME_timer (this is the timer specifying the maximum time to receive a complete AN page before going into timeout).

For the original high speed mode, this timer expires 6805 ns to 6925 ns after being started. The time can be calculated based on the page_test_max_timer + 2 * tdly of the link segment + 5 ns

The minimum time is: 80 Bit * 60 ns (this is the time of a DME bit) + 2 * 1000 ns + 5 ns = 6805 ns

The maximum time is: 82 Bit * 60 ns (this is the time of a DME bit) + 2 * 1000 ns + 5 ns = 6925 ns

My question is now, where the additional 5 ns originally came from (at the moment I do not have this additional time in my timing calculations, as I do not see the reason for this additional time). Nevertheless I do not want to remove the 5 ns in the LSM timing without knowing, what the original intent of adding this time was. If the 5 ns are needed to prevent some timer glitches or similar things, I will  increase the receive_DME_timer values for LSM AN, I suggested in yesterday’s presentation, by an additional 100 ns (scaling up the bit timing by a factor of 26.6666 would result in 133.333 ns, but if this is only a rough timing as it looks like, then 100 ns seem to be a good choice here, if this additional time will be necessary).

So if you have some more information about this topic, then please let me know, so that if necessary, I can increase the receive_DME_timer value.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Steffen

Steffen Graber

Process Automation - Team Leader Business Unit Components+Technology

Fieldbus Technology

Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH

Lilienthalstrasse 200

68307 Mannheim

Germany

Phone: +49 621 776-1058

Fax:     +49 621 776-1557

E-Mail: sgraber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.pepperl-fuchs.com

e-news abonnieren YouTube: Pepperl+Fuchs auf YouTube @PepperlFuchsDE folgen Pepperl+Fuchs auf XING

Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH

Denken Sie bitte an die Umwelt und prüfen Sie, ob diese E-Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss.

SocialMedia2014

Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH, Mannheim
Geschaeftsfuehrer/Managing Directors: Dr.-Ing. Gunther Kegel (Vors./CEO), Werner Guthier, Mehmet Hatiboglu
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the supervisory board: Michael Fuchs sen.
Registergericht/Register Court: AG Mannheim HRB 4713.

Wichtiger Hinweis:
Diese E-Mail einschliesslich ihrer Anhaenge enthaelt vertrauliche und rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen, die nur fuer den Adressaten bestimmt sind. Sollten Sie nicht der bezeichnete Adressat sein, so teilen Sie dies bitte dem Absender umgehend mit und loeschen Sie diese Nachricht und ihre Anhaenge. Die unbefugte Weitergabe, das Anfertigen von Kopien und jede Veraenderung der E-Mail ist untersagt. Der Absender haftet nicht fuer die Inhalte von veraenderten E-Mails.

Important Information:
This e-mail message including its attachments contains confidential and legally protected information solely intended for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please contact the addresser immediately and delete this message including its attachments. The unauthorized dissemination, copying and change of this e-mail are strictly forbidden. The addresser shall not be liable for the content of such changed e-mails.