Re: [802.3_10SPE] [EXTERNAL] Re: [802.3_10SPE] Proposed response to MDI connector comment r02-14

Hi Theo (and Geoff),

I think my point is being missed WRT to THE MDI.

It's not a matter of how many connector test head you are using.

Hypothetically, what would you do if your test fails with one connector head but passes with another connector head on what seems to be equivalent units (or the same unit with different connector).

Perhaps -- later -- someone could explain away some parasitic XYZ (crosstalk, capacitance, etc whatever) or previously not known factors.

Having what we have had in 802.3 -- THE MDI spec -- helps to avoid issues while increasing the probably of interoperability that for which we do standards.

best regards,

Yong Kim, affiliation: NIO