Re: [802.3_NGAUTO] Wednesday 4 April NGAUTO ad hoc cancelled

Thanks George for the information.

Hello to all,

I review the last days for another project the market for field testers. The best handheld cable testers I found in the market can measure up to 2GHz or 2,5GHz bandwidth. Some of the HF experts in our lab and the market pointed out only below 3 to 3,5GHz bandwidth such handheld tester are possible and economical feasible. For higher frequencies the high-end lab equipment (Vector Network Analyzer) is needed. Following the discussion about the bandwidth for Multi-Gig Ethernet we should have this point in mind. All cable harnessing’s must be tested from the harnessing production before the wire harness installed into the car. And the price for the test equipment and the testing cost are also important for the car industry. Also for maintenance in the field test equipment is needed. From this point of view my understanding is we should use a bandwidth below 3 to 3,5GHz.

So far my comment on this point. Any comment and other arguments are welcome.

Very nice greetings from Germany

Matthias

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Matthias Fritsche
HARTING Electronics GmbH
Dept.: Device Connectivity
- Product Manager -
Marienwerderstraße 3
32339 Espelkamp - Germany
E-mail:
Matthias.Fritsche@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.HARTING.com
Phone: +49 5772 47-9104
Fax:      +49 5772
47-909104
Mobile:   +49 171 3389010

HARTING Electronics GmbH, Marienwerderstraße 3, D-32339 Espelkamp; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Kfm. Edgar-Peter Düning, Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing. Ralf Martin Klein, Dipl.-Ing. Uwe Gräff, Dipl.-Ing. (FH), Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing. (FH) Andreas Conrad