From: Saied Benyamin <Saied.Benyamin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 16:48
To: STDS-802-3-NGAUTO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_NGAUTO] OAM

Hi William,

              Thank you for your proposal on the OAM (http://www.ieee802.org/3/ch/public/nov18/Lo_3ch_01a_1118.pdf) for the plenary meeting.  On slide 2 for design goals you list the following

  • Give option to protect OAM frame without full RS during LPI

Perhaps I am still jet-lagged, but can you clarify if with this you are referring to what Jim and I proposed at the adhoc in this presentation

http://www.ieee802.org/3/ch/public/adhoc/802.3ch_OAM_Graba_Benyamin_draft_29Oct18.pdf

where the outer RS1024(360,326) is removed during LPI or are you proposing to remove the inner OAM RS?

Thanks

-saied