Re: [802.3_NGAUTO] P802.3ch proposed responses and to do spreadsheet updated

Colleagues,

A few additional notes on the comments.

We have received 206 comments on D1.0a,  1 of these comments has been Withdrawn,  35 of these comments are late, 60 comments are "EZ", and 22 comments are "Editorial".  Assuming no comments are removed from the buckets and the late comments are considered, we will have 123 comments to review at our meeting.  As Steve mentioned in his email, please review the comments ahead of time.  This will make comment resolution run much more smoothly.

The EZ Bucket and Editorial Bucket contain comments that will not be reviewed and we will request that they be approved as a group.  If there are any comments in either of these buckets that you feel needs discussion, please let me know by noon PST (3 pm EST, 21:00 CET) and I will remove them from their bucket so that they will be discussed during our  meeting next week.

The "late" comments are included in the main database; however, we will need to vote to consider these at the start of our comment resolution.  These comments all have the topic "late" instead of the specific area to which they belong.  They are also available in their own file to make them easy to find.

I have heard from some people that are still working to provide comments.  If you do so, please follow the guidelines below or your comments will not be considered.  Please note, these comments will be marked as "very late" and the task force will need to vote to consider them.

If you still plan to provide comments, please do so by the deadline for removing comments from the buckets.  While we welcome comments to improve the draft and move towards Working Group ballot, please observe the following guidelines or your comments will not be considered:

  1. Submit comments no later than the deadline for removing comments from the buckets.
  2. Start with an empty comment file or database.  I won't edit the file to remove comments already submitted to prevent duplicate comments.
  3. Complete all necessary information for your comments:  First name, Surname, Affiliation for the file; and Category (Editorial or Technical), Sub-Clause, Page, Line, Comment, and Proposed change for each comment.
  4. Check the published comment list to see if someone has already submitted a comment for your issue.  If they have, don't submit another comment.  If you don't agree with the "proposed response" you can bring this up during the discussion of that comment.
Thanks,

Natalie Wienckowski
P802.3ch Chief Editor