Re: [802.3_NGAUTO] IEEE P802.3ch Multi-Gig Automotive Ethernet PHY D2.0 comments

Hi Ramin,

If I understand what you are proposing I partially support it.

1) I support moving the position of EEEen and slow wake bits.

2) I support in principle of having vendor specific bits.

But if I understand what you are proposing, it looks like you want to exchange another message after

the OAM, depth, precoder, etc message are exchanged.

This I do not support as it just add complexity for no real reason.

How many vendor specific bits are really needed? I can’t imagine needing more than 8 bits.

If that is the case why don’t we define octet 8 to be vendor specific bits instead of reserved.

Let me know if you are ok with this modification.

Thanks,

William