From: George Zimmerman <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:31 AM
To: STDS-802-3-NGAUTO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_NGAUTO] updated presentation/proposal on startup timing

Mike Tu and I were working some issues and made two changes to the startup timing, in the attached revised presentation.

First, with regards to my earlier email on allowing a (slave) PHY to use more time in TRAINING if it exits SILENT earlier than 40 msec we were able to allow that by changing the second row to limit not the time from entry to TRAINING to exit of TRAINING, but from entry of SILENT to exit of TRAINING.

Second, because the exit of TX_SWITCH may be controlled by the link partner's exit, the measurable parameter on the third row is to the ENTRY of TX SWITCH, not the exit.

George A. Zimmerman, Ph.D.
President & Principal Consultant
CME Consulting, Inc.
Experts in PHYsical Layer Communications
1-310-920-3860
george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>