[802.3EEESG] EEESG will co-locate with HSSG in April - call for presentations

Folks,

We had a productive meeting in Orlando, in spite of being spread thin
due to commitments to other meetings - thank you!  At the end of our
meeting on Thursday, the majority of the people in the room expressed
interest in meeting to work on PAR, 5 criteria and objectives while
co-located with the HSSG.  At the closing plenary, I asked if it would
be possible to co-locate.  Glenn Parsons and Jim MacFie from Nortel made
it happen, and I'm grateful for the quick turn around  to accommodate
us.  So, we will meet on Tuesday, April 17th and Wednesday, April 18th.
There will be an announcement sent to the reflector soon.

Anyone wishing to present, please submit your request per the guidelines
that may be found at the Procedure for Presenters web page:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/eee_study/public/presentproc.html

Presentation topics should focus on reducing energy consumption during
periods of low link utilization, with the 5 criteria in mind.

We need more information regarding EEE for 10/100/1000BASE-T.  I also
recommend looking at Bruce Nordman's Open Questions document at
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/eee_study/public/mar07/nordman2_01_0307.pdf
as a source for areas where we need contributions.

Presentation requests and materials are due to me by *Wednesday, April
11*.  To assist in meeting planning earlier requests and submissions are
appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Energy Efficient Ethernet Study Group