[802.3EEESG] May interim meeting in Geneva, Switzerland - call for presentations

Folks,

The next EEESG meeting will be at the May Interim Joint IEEE/ITU meeting in Geneva, Switzerland.  Meeting information is available at: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/interims/geneva_1_0507.html  I suggest that you make hotel reservations soon if you haven't done so already.

We are meeting all day Tuesday, May 29 and Wednesday, May 30.  We have an opportunity to tour CERN (http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Welcome.html), but it will mean we have to break between noon and 5 PM on Wednesday.  I think we should break for the visit and make up the time either by going late on Tuesday or on Wednesday.  If you have concerns or a preference on which day to run late, please let me know.

We need more information supporting the 5 criteria, and impact of speed changes on upper layers.  I have invited a TCP expert to come in and present at the July meeting but do not have a commitment yet.  I also recommend looking at Bruce Nordman's Open Questions document at http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/eee_study/public/mar07/nordman3_01_0307.pdf as a source for areas where we need contributions.

Anyone wishing to present, please submit your request per the guidelines that may be found at the Procedure for Presenters web page: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/eee_study/public/presentproc.html

Presentation requests and materials are due to me by Wednesday, May 23.  To assist in meeting planning earlier requests and submissions are appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

-
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Energy Efficient Ethernet Study Group