[802.3EEESG] May interim meeting and reminder regarding presentation submissions

Folks,

The May Interim Joint IEEE/ITU meeting in Geneva, Switzerland is only two weeks away.  If you haven't registered, see: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/interims/geneva_1_0507.html

We are meeting all day Tuesday, May 29 and Wednesday, May 30.  We have an opportunity to tour CERN (http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Welcome.html), but it will mean we have to break between noon and 5 PM on Wednesday.  There are a limited number of spaces available for the visit and I believe a lottery will be held to allocate these spaces fairly.   I'm planning for a long day Tuesday and possibly meeting Wednesday evening if necessary.

Presentation requests and materials are due to me by Wednesday, May 23, which is a week from tomorrow.  I've been pretty casual about this so far as we haven't been in a crunch for presentation time to date. I really would like to have the presentations posted by Friday, May 25 so people have a chance to read the material in advance.  I'm sure it will make the travel time go by faster for those of us who have 11+ hour flights.  Please try to get them in by the 23rd.

Anyone wishing to present, please submit your request per the guidelines that may be found at the Procedure for Presenters web page: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/eee_study/public/presentproc.html

I have attached the 5 criteria discussion document not including the PAR slides for you to consider in advance of the meeting.  My goal is to finish these in Geneva.  Please read it over and come to the meeting with text to support or modify these statements.  It will help to minimize the pain of word-smithing.  It would be better if some of this can be done via the reflector before the meeting.

Regards,

Mike

--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Energy Efficient Ethernet Study Group

5_criteria_discussion-less-par-statements.pdf