[802.3AZ] L2 work update

Dear colleagues,

I would like to provide you with an update regarding the L2 work.  As
you may know, there was a misunderstanding regarding the motion adopted
in the January meeting directing the task force to include material from
diab_02_0109.pdf (pages 21 - 29) as a baseline for the L2 work.  Wael
has agreed to do the edits and will work with Sanjay to get the section
updated by February 19th.  The L2 ad hoc will then focus on reviewing
and refining that work.  Wael will send an announcement to the reflector
including conference call information and an agenda.

The reason we need to include this work now is so we do not lose a
meeting cycle, which would then delay us further.  We need to allow the
task force to review the materials prior to the next draft so we are
focused mainly on refinement at the May meeting

Finally, I just want to say that overall, I am very happy with the
progress of the task force.  We all would like to stay on schedule, but
we can not sacrifice quality for speed.  I should have caught the
missing materials before we posted the draft, but we were running late
so I simply posted it.  We all need to take a bit more time to review
more thoroughly, so please try to take the time and speak up if you see
something you think is not right.  Also, please do not wait till the
last minute to submit comments as doing so makes it very difficult for
the editors to get the proposed comment responses done on time.  Let's
do what we can to make their jobs a bit easier.  Editing is a tough job
and we are very fortunate to have a great editorial team, especially in
these difficult economic times.

Best regards,

Mike

Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet Task Force
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Tel. +1 510-486-7913