[802.3AZ] The comment deadline is just a week away

Dear colleagues,

Our comment deadline is just over a week away.  Please take the time to
review and submit comments before the deadline as this makes our editors'
jobs easier.  Remember our goal at this stage in the process is to produce
a technically complete draft.  The area that I think needs to most work for
us to achieve technical completeness is backplane.  Please contact me if you
are interested in contributing to the backplane effort.

There are two new ad-hocs, "wake time shrinkage" and "L2 (layer 2)". David Law is chair of the former and Wael Diab is chair of the latter. David has scheduled a conference call on Monday, February 23, 2009 at 8:00 AM PST (5:00PM CET; 4:00PM GMT; 11:00 AM EST). Please contact David to get call details if you are interested in participating. Wael will send a meeting announcement later this week. Wael and Sanjay will provide a revised version of Clause 78 to include the layer 2 baseline that was inadvertently missed in the current version of the clause. The target date for that is Friday, February 19th. Part of the ad-hoc work is to review the new text. Our next meeting is in Vancouver, BC, Canada at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. The meeting details can be found here: http://ieee802.facetoface-events.com/sessions/55/index.php Please book your room soon if you are planning to go and have not done so already as I am told the room block will be reduced soon to mitigate the risk of incurring a large bill due to a low turn-out. We will meet all day Tuesday, March 10 and Wednesday March 11, and 8:30AM to noon on Thursday, March 12. I will send an announcement with the meeting
schedule on Friday, March 6th.

I cannot stress enough that we need to help our editors as much as we can. To that end, I encourage you to submit comments and if you have supporting material in the form of a presentation, please reference the presentation in your comment. Please provide the editors with the information they need in the suggested remedy field and response field if anything changes during the meeting and you are in the room when the comment is being processed. We are making good progress toward a technically complete draft. If we keep this going, I am confident we will reach our goal of getting to Working Group ballot in July.

I look forward to see those of you who can make it to the meeting in Vancouver.

Best regards,

Mike
--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE P802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet Task Force