[802.3AZ] Layer 2 Ad Hoc Call Monday 23th February at 1:00PM PST

Colleagues,

At the IEEE P802.3az Energy-efficient Ethernet meeting in January a "Layer 2" Ad Hoc was chartered to progress the Layer 2 and LLDP work. Please refer to motion #2 in the minutes [http://www.ieee802.org/3/az/public/jan09/802.3az-minutes-0109.pdf].

The first meeting of the Ad Hoc will be a telecon call on Monday the 23rd of February at 1PM PST. Dial in details are provided at the end of this email. Below is a proposed agenda for the call:

Proposed Agenda
---------------
- Review the patent policy
- Review updated draft relative to incorporating the L2 baseline adopted in January
- Make a list of big ticket items for L2
- Review any contributions
- Discuss next meeting / steps of the Ad Hoc

The baseline slides for Layer 2 can be found at [http://www.ieee802.org/3/az/public/jan09/diab_02_0109.pdf]. As described by Mr. Bennett, an updated draft that incorporates the baseline will be published this week.

If you have any contributions you would like to present, please send it to me by 9:00AM PST Friday 20th February so I can update the agenda and distribute it prior to our call.

If you do intend to join the call, I would request that you send me an email confirming so that I can ensure the telcon facility is sufficient to accommodate the number of callers. Also, if you intend to join, please ensure that you review the IEEE-SA PatCom slides [
http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/pat-slideset.pdf ] prior to the start
of the conference call. At the start of call I will ask that everybody
confirms that they have read this material - if anybody hasn't we will
pause the call until they confirm that they have done so.

Dial-in Details
---------------

Wael Diab has invited you to a MeetingPlace Meeting.

Date/Time: February 23, 2009 at 01:00 PM America/Los_Angeles

Length: 120

Frequency: once

Meeting ID: 802329

Meeting Password:

Phone Number: + 1 949-926-5900

International Callers: Access Code + 1 949-926-5900

TO ATTEND THE WEB CONFERENCE AND THEN JOIN WITH AUDIO:

1. Go to:

http://meet.broadcom.com/a/4bde325a645531f9d8a4bfb278871682

2. Sign in as a Guest or with your MeetingPlace User ID, and click on Attend Meeting.

- Accept any security warnings you receive and wait for the Meeting Room to initialize.

3. Click on CONNECT and enter your phone and click OK. The system will now call you.

TEST YOUR BROWSER BEFORE YOU ATTEND YOUR FIRST WEB CONFERENCE

Visit http://meet.broadcom.com/test/ to test your web browser for compatibility with the web conference.

For more information about MeetingPlace including Meeting Tips and FAQ's, please visit the Reference Center at http://meet.broadcom.com/help/

Best regards,
Wael