[802.3AZ] task force update and interim meeting announcement

Dear colleagues,

The interim meeting was productive and we closed all comments on Draft 1.3 of IEEE P802.3az. The editors have been directed to produce Draft 1.4, which should be available for review on Tuesday, May 19th. The comment deadline for this draft is Wednesday, June 3rd 11:59 PM AOE.
The proposed responses to comments will be available on Monday, June 8th.

Our goal is for Draft 1.4 to be technically complete. As our interim meeting was held earlier than usual, we have the opportunity to have an additional Task Force review cycle on the draft prior to submitting it for Working Group preview. To that effect, there will be a one-day interim meeting on Thursday, June 11th to be held at and hosted by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory to resolve comments. Teleconferencing will be available for that meeting. Details will be sent as we get closer to the meeting
date.

The goal of the additional one-day interim is to direct the editors to produce Draft 1.5 as a result of the Draft 1.4 review. If the draft meets the requirements for Working Group preview, we will request the Chair of the IEEE 802.3 Working Group to make it available for Working Group preview, with the goal of seeking Working Group authorization to conduct a Working Group ballot at the close of the July
Working Group plenary meeting.

If you plan to attend the interim meeting in Berkeley, please send me the following information
(no later than Tuesday, June 9th):

First name:
Last name:
e-mail:

Once I have entered your information in our site access system, you should receive a parking permit via e-mail. There will be food and beverages available for purchase near the meeting room. Parking is extremely
limited, so I recommend carpooling and arriving early.

Once again I would like to thank the editors and contributors for the great work. Because of their efforts,
we are on track to request a Working Group ballot in July.

Best regards,

Mike

--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE P802.3az, Energy Efficient Ethernet Task Force