Re: [802.3AZ] Draft 2.4 ballot results and April interim meeting results

Correction on the ballot closing date - it should be April 7th, not the 8th.

Mike

Mike Bennett wrote:
Dear colleagues,

The ballot on Draft 2.4 of P802.3az closed at 11:59 AOE on Wednesday, April 8th. The results of the ballot are:

Voters                         208
Approve                        123
Disapprove with comment          3
Disapprove without comment       0
Abstain                         21
Returns                        147

The Response Rate was 70.67%, the Approval Rate was 97.62%, and the
Abstention Rate was 14.29%.

The ballot was valid as it met the requirements for response rate
( >=50% ) and abstention rate ( < 30% ). Also, the necessary approval
rating has been maintained ( >=75% ).  Again, I thank those of
you who reviewed the draft for your hard work on this WG ballot.

The comment against Draft 2.4 of P802.3az is available here:
http://ieee802.org/3/az/comments/index.html

As announced, we met in Berkeley this morning to consider what
turned out to be one comment against D2.4.  The Task Force considered
the comment and moved to have the editors create D3.0 and to request the Working Group chair to initiate Sponsor Ballot. The meeting minutes are
available at:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/az/public/apr10/802.3az-minutes-0410.pdf

This is great progress, but we still have a lot to do. I look forward to our next Interim meeting in Geneva.

Best regards,

Mike