RE: [EFM] Necessity of DBA mechanisms ...

> I confess I am a little lost by the 20% bandwidth loss number.

You seem to have missed the beginning of the thread ;)
I'm not stating this number, Ajay at Broadcom is.  He is saying that DBA
confers a 20 to 30% bandwidh advantage over Stat Mux.  DBA is equivalent to
request/grant mechanisms of DOCSIS.

> I also don't understand why a 32-way PON is being married to DBA but the
16-way PON is not.

This was a mere example of my question surrounding the costs associated with
implementing support for a reques/grant scheme over using a default
statistical multiplexing mechanism.

-=Francois=-