[EFM] News and Updates

Dear members of the IEEE 802.3 EFM Study Group,

A press release announcing the 802.3 Working Group
and 802 LMSC approval of the 802.3ah PAR for EFM
can be found at:

http://standards.ieee.org/announcements/efmpar.html

I have updated our web site with the final versions
of the presentation materials from the July meeting:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/jul01/presentations/index.html

The meeting minutes for the July meeting are available
at the URL:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/jul01/presentations/minutes_07_2001.pdf

My thanks to JC Kuo and his co-workers at Alloptic for
producing the minutes in record time!

I have also placed the tutorial materials from the July meeting
at the URL:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/jul01/tutorial/index.html

And last, but not least, a corrected version of the minutes from
the May, 2001 meeting has been placed on the web at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/may01/minutes_05_2001.pdf

My thanks once again to all of you for participating in
and supporting the work of the IEEE 802.3 EFM Study Group.
It has been an honor for me to serve as your chairman.
The work of the study group has been completed, and the
IEEE 802.3 Working Group has authorized the formation of the
802.3ah EFM Task Force to carry out the job of producing a
standard, pending the approval of the IEEE-SA Standards Board.

We will continue to use this email reflector and web URL,
at least for the time being, to avoid confusion.  I have asked
the IEEE Electronic Services staff to set up some additional
email reflectors for each of our 4 technical sub groups, and I
will send out the reflector addresses and subscription information
in a few days.

We will be posting the information about the upcoming meeting
in Copenhagen in the near future.

Congratulations Team!

Howard Frazier
Former Chairman, IEEE 802.3 EFM Study Group