Re: Re: RE: [EFM] EFM Active Architectures

Thanks, Jay.

I think we're in sync wrt periodic upgrades in ONUs and CPEs,
etc. Like you say, it's no different at that level than
LAN/NIC upgrades.

As for:

"The basic PON architecture (SM fiber and splitter) has,
for all intents and purposes, unlimitedbandwidth."

As long as you've included the qualifier, "SM", I agree with
you on that point, too. And that was my point of focus. It had
to do with the possible inclusion of MMF, which I do not think
would be a good idea, unless the economics of its inclusion
was so dramatically in its favor as to make it unavoidable.
But I'd prefer to see mmf avoided altogether, if possible.

FAC